Seller asked for delivery tracking info for item already returned before the dispute

williamteh168
Contributor
Contributor

Dispute has reached a stage that the refund will be issued by the seller on the condition that the item will be returned and tracking information be uploaded. However, the item had already been returned to the seller's office (by myself  without any courier service) before the dispute was opened with Paypal. 

Paypal requested me to return this item (which is now sitting in this disgraceful seller - HEWI) and provide the tracking information. 

Appreciate if anyone has such experience and/or any advice to escalate this. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@williamteh168 

Paypal nearly always require a tracking number to prove delivery of the item back to the seller, no tracking normally means you lose any dispute.

If states that in paypals buyer protection policy and also tells you to click the 'return shipping on us' link for your country to get help with any return costs. 

You should always return with tracking so if the seller does not refund on return and you have to open a dispute then you have the proof they got their item back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.