Seller and Paypal not refund money to me

Rachata17
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased items from Facebook page. So, I have to contacted with seller though Facebook messenger and I paid through PayPal with the invoice on 9 july 2018. When I received the item I found it was unauthentic so, I ask seller to refund money for me and I sent back that item to seller with Australia post and I have receipt and tracking number and photos of that on 13 July 2018. After that I’m waiting for my money until now, that money or this amount of transaction never returned back to my Paypal account or bank account. I disputed this case for 4 months, every time they close my case and said seller transfer money to me outside the PayPal and he gave fake evidence to PayPal that he transferred money to my bank account also that bank account number not belong to me. Actually, I never provide my bank account details to seller because I requested refund though PayPal. So, how come I have to ask seller transfer money to me outside the PayPal. Even I give PayPal the evidence from my bank with confirmation documents that I never received money back for this transaction. But Paypal still trust seller and trust fake evidence without checking my real evidence and close my case. I have to contact PayPal millions times and they just re-open my case and outcome still the same, they always trust the seller that he already transfer money to me from bank account. When I contact PayPal again, they ask me to provide the same information like tracking number they said this tracking number is not valid. It been 4 months how it gonna work in this time. This is another problem that Paypal mess it up for me and they close my case but this time they give me reason about the tracking number actually before they decide the seller have to refund money for me but now they can’t refund money because tracking number not valid. So?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rachata17 wrote:
I purchased items from Facebook page. So, I have to contacted with seller though Facebook messenger and I paid through PayPal with the invoice on 9 july 2018. When I received the item I found it was unauthentic so, I ask seller to refund money for me and I sent back that item to seller with Australia post and I have receipt and tracking number and photos of that on 13 July 2018. After that I’m waiting for my money until now, that money or this amount of transaction never returned back to my Paypal account or bank account. I disputed this case for 4 months, every time they close my case and said seller transfer money to me outside the PayPal and he gave fake evidence to PayPal that he transferred money to my bank account also that bank account number not belong to me. Actually, I never provide my bank account details to seller because I requested refund though PayPal. So, how come I have to ask seller transfer money to me outside the PayPal. Even I give PayPal the evidence from my bank with confirmation documents that I never received money back for this transaction. But Paypal still trust seller and trust fake evidence without checking my real evidence and close my case. I have to contact PayPal millions times and they just re-open my case and outcome still the same, they always trust the seller that he already transfer money to me from bank account. When I contact PayPal again, they ask me to provide the same information like tracking number they said this tracking number is not valid. It been 4 months how it gonna work in this time. This is another problem that Paypal mess it up for me and they close my case but this time they give me reason about the tracking number actually before they decide the seller have to refund money for me but now they can’t refund money because tracking number not valid. So?

Did you provide actual scanned documents in pdf format and upload it to the case? PayPal don't accept screenshots. Perhaps you can ask the bank to provide a letter verifying your actual bank account number. Scan that and upload it as a pdf when you open the case once again. Or contact your bank to see if they can help with a bank reversal on that charge.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

The proper way for a seller to refund the buyer is find he transaction and refund from there,so when Paypal found it he has made the refund,then the case is in seller favor .

Are you sure Paypal is not saying you don't have a tracking number for return,so no proof you have returned the item  .

You need to upload the tracking number to your case if you have open a case.

so where is the trcking number now? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.