Seller agreed to refund, but never did. Paypal denied my case

CopelandWG
Contributor
Contributor

Against my better judgement, I purchased software from an outfit in India.  The software was supposed to repair corrupted MC Access databases.  It was a simple three step process.   In their software, you open the corrupted database, click on the "Repair" button and save it.  The first two steps worked fine, but when I tried to save the file, it went through the motions ok, but regardless of where I tried to save the file, it was not there.  I asked for a refund from the company, Kernel Data Recovery, and they agreed.  I followed up with them a few days later and they told me they had processed the refund and I should receive it soon.  After a week and no refund I created a case with PayPal.  Several weeks later PayPal informed me that my case was denied.  I find it hard to believe that a company agreed to refund my money, but PayPal wouldn't enforce the agreement.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CopelandWG 

Sadly you paid for a service and received it, paypal does not get involved in the 'quality' of services rendered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.