Seller Threatening to Use Fake Tracking Number Unless I Close my Case

Iamtheblackswor
Contributor
Contributor

Should I be concerned about the seller using a fake tracking number to respond to my case? If so, what should I do?

Background: I bought a digital good, using goods and services payment, from an Instagram seller. We agreed on $55 in Instagram chat and after I paid, the seller did not send me the item. I tried reaching out to him but no answer, so I filed an item not received case for digital goods on him. Afterwards, he responded wanting me to pay $25 more if I wanted my item. I declined and nine days later, I escalated the case to a claim. Two days later, he says that he'll refund me the $55 if I close my claim. I declined, so he threatened to use a fake tracking number that he'll get from his post office tomorrow, and use that to respond to the claim. I have evidence in Instagram chat of him saying this. I'm thinking of uploading this evidence as documentation to Paypal, before he enters in the fake tracking number. Should I do it?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Iamtheblackswor

Drag and drop screen shots into a word doc, write a letter explaining and pdf it and upload it to the case. Also include the shots externally as well. Just in case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Iamtheblackswor
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. How do I upload documents to the case? There is no option for me because I'm at the *awaiting seller response* stage.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.