Seller/Site cannot be contacted and paypal rejects claim

TangoTH1
Contributor
Contributor

The company <Removed> is a brand new website that sell items on it. I click on a chess board and made the mistake of ordering.  However, $70 later, I cannot contact them, their website is only month old (screams fraud) and paypal has rejected my case and appeal.  I've sent the owner of the website 10 emails, tried to contact them through their DNS contact, paypal has no contact details. 

Have I just been scammed and paypal isn't willing to help me?  Guess I should have used a credit card it seems.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Civik1993
Contributor
Contributor
Please can you help me My paypal account also limitation How can i remove this limitation?
Login to Me Too

Rebekah_K
Contributor
Contributor
Many. Amazon limits this type of seller abuse by allowing negative marks and probationary periods to affect the seller. Not paypal. They want the most money and they tell people to claim it from their credit card company. Everyone should file with the FTC and things might change.
Login to Me Too

Rebekah_K
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same issues and resolved by going to Twitter. I got a great public response so PayPal can save face publicly. But was denied privately through PM. Then case was closed permanently. I then went back to Twitter and tagged PayPal and USPS for mail fraud (federal crime when USPS was used). Then sighted the UCC code (laws for e-commerce and internet contracts - which a purchase is). Then I stated on Twitter that even though PayPal is publicly agreeing to fix this, here is a transcript and timeline of our conversations (this takes several tweets to document). I got my money back that day. There are several posts on this in the community here. Search SCAM. Also, this is known issue since December 2019, as far as I found, documented publicly in a Detroit newspaper.
Login to Me Too

ronnieguitar
Contributor
Contributor

My package was supposedly sent by UPS.  The UPS tracking number even says it was delivered,  the morning after it was ordered which is ridiculous. And it was delivered at "office", that was it. Not my address, which is residential not an office. It was free shipping, no one day delivery. I didn't get the email from Paypal about it being shipped until a week later. I think Paypal is being run by a bunch of Chinese crooks and maybe UPS too, so they don't care, the want you to get ripped off.  Wish everybody would quit using them and they go broke. The same for UPS, none of these people will help you. If I order something I much prefer it coming by USPS, not the idiots at UPS or FedEx.

Login to Me Too

Austin581
Contributor
Contributor
Seller provided tracking # and delivered. Postmaster tracked #. Not even my address. PayPal said package delivered, case closed.
Login to Me Too

ronnieguitar
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me, UPS tracking said it was delivered at "office" not my address.  There were no details about shipping or where it came from. I think PayPal and UPS are run by the same Chinese crooks that ripped me off.

Login to Me Too

Austin581
Contributor
Contributor
Seller provided tracking # and delivered. Postmaster tracked #. Not even my address. PayPal said package delivered, case closed
Login to Me Too

Rebekah_K
Contributor
Contributor
But that is exactly the scam! The seller knows that USPS does not give EXACT address of delivery. Go look at it. It should say “Delivered, Your City, 12345”. Am I correct? This is where the UCC code comes in. In the UCC code, the seller has the obligation to deliver to YOUR address; not next door, not down the street, not the wrong house. So when PayPal and seller are claiming that it was delivered, it was delivered but not according to the law at your house! The seller starts by printing up a label with YOUR address through PayPal’s system. PayPal verifies this. All the seller has to do afterwards is use their own printer to make a label for a random address IN YOUR ZIP CODE (this proves delivery to PayPal but not delivery to YOUR address) and slap that sticker over the one already generated. Ask USPS to confirm it’s YOUR address. They can’t. Then ask for them to confirm weight of package. Example, I ordered a door lock which was very heavy. My USPS box only weighed the same amount of box. Go to USPS website end look for weight of box using dimensions. You will literally need to walk USPS agent through this because it takes precise logic. My USPS agent would not give me the address of where my package was ACTUALLY delivered because it’s illegal for them to give out this I do if it is NOT your address. Proof again you didn’t get it. You may get lucky and they may tell you where it went to. Try. You can use that as proof that you didn’t get it. If you don’t know what box was used, have the weight of what you ordered ready. Some scammers do put bricks or rocks in box to make the weight legit. So this is not a guarantee. Ask for weight out of curiosity. If the box is 5 oz. and you ordered something 3 pounds, this is evidence back to PayPal.
Login to Me Too

TangoTH1
Contributor
Contributor

Suggest you all to call Paypal on your issue.  I wonder if using a credit card or a bank account has special clauses rather than a paypal balance.
Take to your social media accounts and make this known.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.