Seller Protection help

mocap69
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item off of eBay to a customer. I received payment and the shipping info from PayPal. I shipped the item to the customer

and they show that it was delivered. I received an eBay message from the buyer that says their account was hacked and the address

I sent it to was not their shipping address. The buyer opened a dispute and PayPal closed the case in favor of the buyer. I am now out the

item I sold to the customer and my PayPal account has a negative balance because they refunded the money to the buyer. I cannot

find anyway to contact PayPal to resolve this issue under Seller Protection. The instant assistant is for buyers only and does not seem to

work for sellers.  I cannot open a new case since they said I already received the money. Anyone have any suggestions? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mocap69 

Seller protection only covers you if you sent the item to the paypal registered address of the buyer at the time of payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mocap69
Contributor
Contributor

I sent the item to the address supplied to me from PayPal and created the shipping label using PayPal.

This is a problem PayPal caused and I am getting penalized for it. This cannot be correct.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.