Seller Protection Eligibility and Address confirmation dropped from emails ???

Aerostar1
Contributor
Contributor

Just today I noticed that the indications of Seller Protection and Customer Address Confirmation are no longer appearing on thew emails I get from PayPal notifying me of a payment.

I find this a bit disturbing.

This has been a comforting reassurance in emails for over 10 years.    Now, PayPal "could" simply remove or update the eligibility at any time from their databases at their website and you have virtually no proof that at the time you shipped the item it was covered and the Sale was Eligibile for Seller Protection and the Address was Confirmed.

Even worse, When I go to the PayPal Summary page to ship the item, the web page says ELIGIBLE and Address CONFIRMED, but at the bottom of the page it says the buyer is UNVERIFIED and when I create a shipping label, when I look at the details for the shipment (where I get charged for the shipping), the bottom of that page says that the buyer has an UnConfirmed Residential Address.  There is a plethora of conflicting information.

I can see no other reason for this EXCEPT to allow PayPal to do just that.

Is this happening for everyone else?   This is eroding my confidence in PayPal.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

VegasJeff
New Community Member

Yes I just noticed what you said and I'm concerned as I might be in the middle of being scammed. I shipped a package to the verified address via FedEx with Signature Required using Ebay's shipping page and then after shipping the package was redirected to a different state (this was not authorized by me nor did I know this was possible). I noticed exactly what you mentioned on this transaction and you only see the details in the classic view. I'm concerned that I might end up being out both the product and the money. 

Login to Me Too

JumpingMouse
New Community Member

I'm having a similar situation, an order was placed just around Christmas time for a product (through ebay) The address on the order is confirmed verified shipping address, tracking number etc. everything lines up the only thing is it says "Non-US Verified" at the bottom..... What's weird is the e-mail address they are filing the claim under.... Is the same name of the person it was shipped to, but the person who has opened the case goes by a different name.... Very confusing. They seem to be an international account holder however the biggest problem is eBay ONLY lets you view their transactions for up to 45 days... So we have an issue here, eBay needs to allow the previous transactions to stay open for 180 days to line up with paypal policy as I now have NO way to report this kind of fraud to eBay that that user name is scamming people..... See what I mean? The case is still under review. we will see what is posted here in a few days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.