Seller PayPal Claim Refused

Shah123
New Community Member
Sold an item on eBay when a dispute was opened with PayPal stating item not as described. No confirmation from PayPal was obtained confirming this and the buyer was completely refunded after which when I received the product back it came damaged. Sent clear images through to PayPal showing pre and post sale images and provided all requested info to them after which the whole case was closed and myself ‘the seller’ being out of pocket for various fees including transaction fee as well as dispute fee as well as receiving a clearly damaged product. How fair is this for sellers and how are sellers protected?! Seems to me PayPal have done nothing from their end as when initially the manufacturer Nintendo could have been contacted they did no confirming and just believed the buyer with regards to a claim and when it came down to me claiming for damage of product received all supporting images and statements provided was ignored and not sufficient! Anyone else encountered similar problems?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shah123 

The claim is for Significantly not as described but what was the actual problem the buyer reported?

Sellers are responsible for damaged item, missing item, shipping an entirely different item.

Did they claim to have received damaged item? Buyers don’t need to go the warranty route if they are well within their rights to return an item for a refund.

Sellers are not covered under seller protection for significantly not as described claims as well. Only covered for an Item Not Received or unauthorized transaction claims.

If you feel it was fraud, ie, sending back an item with a different serial number, appeal again and mention the magic words ‘buyer abuse’.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.