Seller LIN <removed> Classic Bait and Switch Scam

VMillett
Contributor
Contributor

Classic bait and switch.

I ordered a 3-4 person an automatic hydraulic tent with a very specific operating mechanism. After contacting paypal when item was not received and emails to seller were never returned. I finally got legitimate tracking order for a shipment. It was only then that it became known that this was being shipped from China.

Received a small, very cheaply made (with low quality materials) pop-up tent instead. It had a totally different mechanism than the tent ordered. NO hydraulic system at all. Horribly wrapped. Contacted seller again through PayPal dispute resolution center. Did not receive a response. Escalated claim to PayPal. PayPal reviewed claim and approved a refund if I pay to return ship it.  EVEN THOUGH THE SELLERS FAKE WEBSITE RETURN POLICY SAYS THEY WONT ASK THE BUYER TO RETURN THE PURCHASE. BUT, IF you file a claim with PayPal all that means nothing. 

Cost I paid for tent was $59.99. Return shipping would have been $79. Either way, scammer/seller wins. If I don't shell out the money to return, scammer/seller will keep my money in exchange for a low quality, lightweight childs item that cost almost nothing to make and ship to me. If I return the item, I will be out the money for return shipping and the scammer/seller may still claim item is not received or not in its original state, thereby keeping my money in anycase. Having now read that this has happened to others, I am certain that this is a fraudulent website for the purpose of this scam.

What does it take for PayPal to address an obvious scam? Just put this sellers name in the search area and you'll see that this guy just keeps stealing. 

He sells off of :  (removed by moderator)

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

rglende
New Community Member

I've had the same issue. Ordered the same tent and received ridiciously small and cheaply made tent, which isn't even suitable for children. PayPal needs to take action here.

Login to Me Too

temp201801161b
New Community Member
PayPal just keeps helping this RIP off scammer
Login to Me Too

LCARP012
Contributor
Contributor

Had exact same happen to me. I'm still trying to get a refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.