Seller Fraudulent disputed settled on their behalf

TN422
Contributor
Contributor
I have a dispute I put in because I did not receive a package from Sherrie LTD. Otherwise known as Leone or Leoon or Yunhan Co LTD. They gave me a tracking number and a site 17track to see where it was. Sure enough that site showed a list of tracking dates and arrivals. However when I turned to a reputable source the United States Postal Service they claimed it was shipped through they told me that was not a legit tracking number and that there was no way if it was it would have scanned and arrived anywhere without it being active in their system as well. The man I spoke with also said he was surprised at how poor PayPals investigation worked because he has heard of of them dropping the claims while supporting it with bogus information. He says he was disappointed at them for this and that was coming from a United States Federal employee. Not only that the site I purchased the item is conveniently not working for the last week or so. I want my case reopened and judgement corrected because my proof is legitimate. If not they will lose my business because for this kind of service I may as well just not use them. I know it was only about 30 dollars but it is the principal and I can be a loud mouth when I have been slighted. I will make my voice heard on every social media and broadcast the wrong treatment I received from PayPal. I'll be the one that blows it up and makes it viral. I don't want to that but I want to be treated with respect and not get brushed under the rug like my business with them means nothing.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TN422 

If you bought tat from a China website or Social Media ad then how is that paypals problem? They don't choose your seller for you.

They just give you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your own transactions.

Non receipt disputes are not 'investigated' paypal do not have the resources to do that I would not think, they are mostly automated, seller provides tracking number = seller normally wins.

So then its you that has to do some legwork yourself to try and recover the money you sent to a scam site so.......

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TN422
Contributor
Contributor
It is PayPals job to secure the transactions. I have a screen shot of the USPS showing tracking number does not exist. How do they write up paperwork or a tracking receipt when something doesn't exist. Paypal can enter the tracking number on the site and see this, they can also call the automated number enter the trackjng number and also get the same information. The USPS didn't ask me for any personal information they asked for tracking number and said they have not a single record of that number existing let alone going anywhere. He said that there is no way a tracking number generated and moved along anywhere without both China and the US having record. I mean this is not some joke transport company. The United States government would know if anything shipped here, especially with a tracking that went through them. This other link the seller provided has what backing? Paypal is going to accept this bogus web site over the United States government really? O didn't know where it was coming from when I ordered it. I simply went to a website and ordered a product feeling safe because Paypal supports it. AS445575955CN That is the tracking number feel free anyone to enter this into the USPS tracking site and see what happens. See what this federal government site says about that tracking number. Anyone can do it but Paypal wants them to verify receipt for something that does not exist. I mean do you go to a store, walk out with nothing, then go back and ask the store if you can have a receipt for the product? They couldn't give you a receipt for a product if you didn't get anything. This is what Paypal wants a receipt for a nonexistent transaction. How can I do that? So now they back the fraudulent company? So now this company can do this over and over again to others and Paypal will just let it because they ask for the impossible. Because this company has not only a fraudulent store, which may I add the web page is suspiciously gone at the moment, they have fake tracking numbers and a fake site with which to track the numbers. So yes Paypal being security for purchases has an obligation to the customer to report and not do business with fraud companies. It is not on me if they were not backed by Paypal which is "supposed to be a trusted site" then no it is not my fault for ordering from China. Your ignorance is showing if you think that I need to be responsible for this, when I was using a site that has a money back guarantee that they refuse to accept. I think Paypal has an agreement with some of these fraudulent companies where they make profit from this as well. Which is why they support the seller and their bogus tracking sites over the United States government.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TN422
Contributor
Contributor
No it is fine your company wants to support fraudulent activity. I went to my local news and I will let the public know about how PayPal protects their customers. Expecting a letter on letterhead about an non existing thing is impossible. You can't get a receipt from a store for a product they don't carry and I can't get verification about a tracking number that doesn't exist. That is all part of the scam. If you enter AS445575955CN this in USPS tracking site it says it doesn't exist, but you will support a website just because it shows something whether it is right or not that doesn't matter. As long as it shows record then that is good enough, the site obviously doesn't have to be legitimate. I will fight for others, not just myself and bring this to the publics attention.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TN422 

My company 😂.

This is a user to user COMMUNITY forum and I am a user on here the same as you are.

Paypal just give you ranks according to how much you help. As i have helped a lot on here over the years especially lately as its hard to contact customer services then i got the highest rank.

There are 'members' 'contributors' and 'advisors', you are a contributor so do you work for paypal as well??? 

I have nothing to do with paypal (thank goodness) hence the last sentence of my post that says help 'voluntarily' given.

I am here for the 'users' of paypal because if i don't post there are loads that would not get any help.

So i replied to your post giving the BEST option that I knew in recovering your funds, others have used that information successfully.

But don't worry, I will add you to my list of someone to never respond to or give advice to in the future, if that is what you prefer.

Sorry I gave up my time to 'try' and help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.