Seller Beware - Writing so others don't face the same issues.

dsliebs
New Community Member

I recently sold a wedding dress through this company called Still White. They use Pay Pal to do the payment from Buyer to Seller.

The dress I sold was brand new, never before worn. I have photos of it's condition but didn't take detailed photos that showed seam lines (my mistake but didn't think anyone would actually rip it). When the buyer received the dress she told me it came, then 4 hours later, she told me that it has rips in the seams at the sleeves. I can only imagine in those 4 hours, she tried it on, it was small and that's how those tears came. Either way, after the buyer told me this, I said I would give her a full refund if she sent the dress back within 24/48 hours with a tracking number and insurance. She saw the note but didn't abide by these terms. She waited an entire week, wore the dress for the event she had, and is now claiming to return it. The fact that Pay Pal is allowing this is unacceptable.

After providing pay pal with accurate details, evidence of terms and photos they still sided with the buyer. So now not only do I have a damaged return coming back, but it's been worn and probably has more damages. I will be certain to never use Pay Pal again after the way they handled this situation. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dsliebs 

Unfortunately paypals terms and conditions that you agreed to outweigh the terms and conditions that you gave the buyer.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers.

Paypal never see what you send out OR what the buyer says that they have received and returned.

So they do tend to favour the buyer BUT the buyer has to send the item back to you trackable to prove delivery and at their own expense before you have to issue a refund.

Sadly you had a pain in the butt buyer but that unfortunately is one of the risks of online selling    😐

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.