Seller Asked me To Close The Dispute

axi82
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I have an open dispute for an item I bought off ebay. The seller changed the description and I've asked for my money back. The seller didnt respond so 24 hours late I opened a dispute.

Later he mailed me the follow 

"Hello. Please can you cancel the paypal dispute, so I can cancel the ebay transaction which will automatically refund you the full paypal cost.

So should I now close the dispute? 

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@axi82 

Tell him to issue the refund then the dispute would close automatically.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

axi82
Contributor
Contributor

So I informed the seller that I won't close the dispute until I get the refund. The seller followed up with this 

Hello. You opened "item not received" paypal case, so paypal wants proof of the tracking number and I item is sent. Also the reason why I am asking you to close the paypal case is because I will loose the £10 seller fee that has been taken from the sale by ebay.

If I cancel the transaction via ebay, this will automatically refund you back in full and I will receive the ebay seller fee back to me. But first you need to trust me and close the paypal dispute, so I can cancel the transaction.

I have nothing to gain from conning you. I did change the description of the auction before you purchased and I even contacted you to confirm if you knew of the change.

I am honest seller and have been for the past 13 years. So please trust me when I advise you above. If you disagree I need to contact ebay and find the best solution.

Please please trust me. Please look at my feedback.

Not sure what to do next ? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hey there @kernowlass

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this one!! We appreciate all you do.

Hello @axi82,

Thanks for reaching out on our Community Forums for help. As kernowlass stated, do not close the dispute until you get a refund. If you close the dispute, it cannot be reopened. If you have any questions about our disputes and claims process, please reach out to our Customer Support directly. 

You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Call Us at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck with your case!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.