Seeking advice for incorrect delivery

onesmileynurse
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order 12/1 on E-Bay, paid PayPal for an item that I was to receive 12/9. I noted it said delivered, but I never got it. I clicked on the tracking & it said it was delivered to a different state. I called UPS who said I was given a duplicate tracking no. The item delivered to Ky. was not addressed to me or my address. I tried to contact the seller multiple times with no response. I wrote to the E-Bay board & was told that I wouldn't receive a refund because my item was delivered, just not to me! The seller now has multiple negative reviews, so I think this is a scam. I'm currently in the waiting period for the seller to respond, which I'm sure they won't. Is there anything I can do or can I file with PP? On the transaction on PP, it said to contact E-Bay resolution, which I did. I feel like I'm going to get a run around. I read somebody said to file a claim stating item not as described, but that's not true because I've never received it. If they wanted me to produce the item I wouldn't be able to & I'm an honest person.... That might get ripped out of a couple hundred bucks.... Any ideas? Thank you kindly.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@onesmileynurse 

Have to get official documentation from UPS stating that the delivered address is not your address at all. I think you should tell the eBay board that the item was delivered to a shipping address different from yours and they would give you different advice such as:

1. File a police report with your local law enforcement for fraud.

2. INSIST that your local LE forward a copy of the police report to the Law Enforcement in the buyer's location.

3. File a fraud report with the UPS and get documentation from them for the authorities.

4. File a fraud report with ic3.gov.

5. Collect up all of these reports and contact eBay customer service and ask for Trust & Safety dept.

If eBay won't help, then file a dispute with PayPal. If PayPal won't help, then file a dispute with your credit card company if that is how you paid. File disputes in this order always but don't file with all of them at the same time, none of them will help if you do.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@onesmileynurse 

Have to get official documentation from UPS stating that the delivered address is not your address at all. I think you should tell the eBay board that the item was delivered to a shipping address different from yours and they would give you different advice such as:

1. File a police report with your local law enforcement for fraud.

2. INSIST that your local LE forward a copy of the police report to the Law Enforcement in the buyer's location.

3. File a fraud report with the UPS and get documentation from them for the authorities.

4. File a fraud report with ic3.gov.

5. Collect up all of these reports and contact eBay customer service and ask for Trust & Safety dept.

If eBay won't help, then file a dispute with PayPal. If PayPal won't help, then file a dispute with your credit card company if that is how you paid. File disputes in this order always but don't file with all of them at the same time, none of them will help if you do.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

onesmileynurse
Contributor
Contributor
I did tell the EBay board the address was different than mine and the reply was it could've been a simple mistake by the seller. I greatly appreciate your advice and I'll get started on this list for sure. I'll update soon, hopefully it'll be easily resolved. Thank you kindly.
Login to Me Too

onesmileynurse
Contributor
Contributor
I just contacted UPS & their response is due to company policy they can't give me "anything" because all they did was deliver a correctly addressed package to the right people & address in Ky. & I was give their tracking no. I have the email from eBay with the tracking no. that shows it was delivered in Ky. & I'm in IL. Do you think that'll be enough to file LE report? Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.