Scams

TLT1954
Contributor
Contributor
I was scammed. I did not receive my order. I did receive a small insignificant package in mail. This however was just to provide a tracking so it would seem that the original package was received. PayPay won’t refund. Any suggestions
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
I've had the same problem some scammers have found away to get ups tracking #'s that have pkgs that were delivered to your city and state and when you make a purchase off of 1 of their many websites (mines was lielietee.live) and you dispute it PayPal contacts them and they send PayPal a tracking # knowing you will never be able to get the exact address info from ups so basically your stuck. I ordered a video game weighing less then 1/2 lb tracking info says PKG they "sent" weighed over 5lbs?!?!
Login to Me Too

donna1167
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me.  Tried to file a claim but claim was denied and closed, even though we did everything Paypal asked us to do by providing tracking.  There's nowhere to appeal the decision.  Customer Service is closed due to COVID-19.  How do we get our money back?  Will I have to contact our state's AG office?  BBB is beyond useless, so I'm thinking AG or lawyer as next step.  Oh and I'm likely going to close my account too.

Login to Me Too

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I'm just stuck idk what else to do. I just posted on both PayPal and UPS Facebook page hopefully someone sees it and because I put they're are hackers in their systems able to retrieve private customer info they will do something other than that I'm going to take it as a loss but it sucks because I know they are doing this to so many people the damn website is still up getting more and more payments from innocent people!!!
Login to Me Too

millsrg

So like you all I got scammed by the same fake website (lielietee.live).  I've now found several PayPal community forums discussing it. Apparently UPS's CEO even made some pres release about it which I am trying to track down.  PayPal needs to step up here - that's why they have insurance.  The fact that Paypal is obviously aware of the situation and making people jump through hoops is literally criminal.  They are basically acting as accessories to criminal activity by knowingly sheltering it.  Is anyone on here a lawyer?  I am sensing a class-action lawsuit in the making.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.