Scams but PayPal didn’t help

lizday
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed by a clothing supplier from China, garment was incomplete...unfinished. I disputed it with PayPal, they said I could get the item completed, no could I get a refund, without spending $30 to send it back. This was a partly made item, seller should have replaced. PayPal sided with seller and made me pay double. In Australia, faulty items must be replaced. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

Can you do a chargeback if you paid by creditcard?

There are so many scammers out there and why is PayPal reluctant to act?

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

lizday
Contributor
Contributor

I think if paid via paypal, i cant get bank to reverse it. Paypal don't help with China now. even a non arrival, as long as they give a tracking number, they do nothing. I received a tracking number from another item, it shows it didn't leave China, nor the place that put up the tracking number...non arrival and Paypal won't do anything. I think their guarantee has become useless.  The only time they help is if the seller fails to respond to them...so any seller can say anything and get away with scams. Paypal do not follow the countries Consumer laws either...they always favour China. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.