Scams- bait & switch ( and all other frauds online)

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
I highly suggest that if you are victim to a fraud / crime on-line to start a complaint with the FTC.. and when communicating with PsyPal, give them the case number, and copy of the case. This may help cut through all of the other “pushups” and the amount of time it takes for “Resolution of a case” . If the case involves a “bait & switch” where you order an expensive item from one seller, on FaceBook, or online news, or some seem to just “pop up” from nowhere. In my case I ordered from a seemingly American company, who guaranteed shipment from California. I revived a piece of junk material, from a completely different company in China. PayPal paid a completely different named entity, out of Hong Kong. Fake tracking information was given. FTC cannot solve your case, but it gets the names of these scammers, and can and will go after them. It also, helps PayPal in their endeavors to go after these people, and helps them trust that we the customers are not scamming them. I’ve spent over 6 months fighting to get my money refunded, for 3 cases about the same, just different sellers. Maybe doing this first, will help streamline the refund process. Also with FTC aware of PayPals involvement in so many of these cases, the whole process may go smoother. Good luck to all. And remember- if it seems to good to be true- it probably isn’t a legitimate deal.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.