Scams and PayPals Involvement

Steve330uk
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone else been scammed and PayPal has been involved? I have actual evidence I was scammed yet PayPal are unwilling to help me?
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Tangie29
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an icemaker from a company called BFE corporation.  I couldn't find BFE anywhere on my bank statement or PayPal statement.  I noticed the dollar amount was the same as a purchased that was supposed to have been made to someone in China.  When my package finally came, there was a .50 toy plastic whistle that was mailed to me 1st class complete with tracking number and everything.  They contacted the seller who told them that I need to ship the item back to them complete with a tracking number included and I would be refunded as long as the item is in the same condition that I received it.  First off, who do I ship it to.  The person they contacted is someone different than I purchased from.  Before PayPal had finished with their investigation, I purchased another and was scammed again.  This time, I took pictures of who I ordered from.  I ordered an icemaker from a company called VemWear Corporation.  When I looked at my bank and Paypal statement, again someone from China.  I called VemWear who has no record of an appliance purchase because they only sell clothes.  I immediately notified PayPal because I'm recognizing that this is a scam.  They denied my claim.  All the proof is right there.  Purchase Protection is a joke.  These people know what the requirements are and know how to get over.  I purchased through PayPal because I thought I was protected.  I paid $53.49 for a plastic toy whistle the first time and $64 the 2nd time.  They expect me to ship this item 1st class to someone that has no record of me purchasing anything from them.  It's a joke.  I will never use PayPal again.

Login to Me Too

Klriebe
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Zojirushi bread machine from Vemwear. They sent a fake UPS delivery notification that said the item was delivered in 3 days and weighed 1.16#. A bread machine weighing 1.16#??? UPS site was UPSapps.com, not UPS.com. PayPal denied my initial claim and the appeal. So I went to Capital One to dispute it. Also denied. Now this guy is operating a new scam under a company called covermfa, luxypun, and tfoxmart. He’s in China. Total scam artist. Usually lists items for $94.50. You would think with all the scam complaints PayPal would believe us!

Login to Me Too

bakerjw
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an accessory for my electric woodworking router from Luxypun.com for $54.49.  The Luxypun website showed a New York state address, that I found is a vacant lot, and a Michigan phone number, that I found was not in service.  Paypal processed the payment with the Seller's name Catherine Currie. The UPS tracking number that Paypal provided me, apparently provided by the fraudulent Seller, turns out to have been for someone else's purchase from Amazon.com that was delivered to a different address in my same city within a couple of days of my purchase.  UPS shows the package with that tracking number was delivered.  Therefore, Paypal says that I do not have a valid Buyer's Protection claim since the Seller says they shipped me a package and UPS says the package with the tracking number the Seller provided them was delivered.  The Paypal rep that I spoke with said that if I think fraud was committed to file a claim with IC3.gov.  I did file a claim there, but I suspect nothing will happen since it is for a small dollar amount.  I have requested confirmation from UPS that the tracking number was for an Amazon.com purchase and was delivered to a different address than mine.  Hopefully, UPS will provide me this confirmation and Paypal will realize that they were part of this fraudulent scam and refund my payment.

Login to Me Too

Pattiejow48
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed 7 times from China although it doesn’t advertise from China 

a set of Bosch tools 99 dollars 

a sit on suitcase

a luxury outdoor lounger

a set of oven to table ware 

a cusinart mixer
an Apple watch

beware of these scammers 

PAY PAL WONT HELP

Login to Me Too

Pattiejow48
Contributor
Contributor

Me as well what can we do can we sue Facebook as they are authorising these scams

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.