Scams and PayPals Involvement

Steve330uk
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone else been scammed and PayPal has been involved? I have actual evidence I was scammed yet PayPal are unwilling to help me?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve330uk 

Ok, can you provide proof of delivery for Item Not Received claim or proof of shipment (minimum for unauthorized payment claims)? What kind of dispute/claim did the buyer file?

If the buyer filed significantly not as described, you're not covered. Some types of transactions are also not covered such as digital goods/licenses, vehicles, cash value/gift cards, real estate, for instance.

Must read the seller protection program terms to see if your business model is appropriate for PayPal or you sell at your own risk. PayPal seller protection program is not a guarantee, warranty or insurance, PayPal never claimed it was and so the program has its limitations:

11. Seller Protection Programme

The buyer protection program terms based on buyer location also applies to you as a seller if you sell internationally:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full?locale.x=en_GB

Select buyer country from location menu. Seller/buyer protection program terms are located within the PayPal User agreement.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

vvclassics88
Contributor
Contributor

was it paypal.me or just regular paypal email?

Login to Me Too

Steve330uk
Contributor
Contributor
It was through this site. They are unwilling to look at my evidence I have built against a scammer
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve330uk 

Through what site? PayPal's own website?

PayPal don't look at screenshots, videos, email convos, etc as they can be faked. They want proof of delivery via tracking numbers, official police reports, official mail fraud reports and the like.

Did you pay as friends and family in exchange for goods and services? If so, there is no buyer/purchase protection as you essentially sent a "gift" payment.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve330uk 

How are they unwilling to help you? PayPal can't cover everyone and any thing. How were you scammed? If there is no payment transaction and you shipped something out, PayPal can't do anything about it, for instance. You'll need to intercept the shipment. Can't tell you what PayPal can or can't help with if you don't give a back story as to what happened.

Login to Me Too

Steve330uk
Contributor
Contributor
I have Emails and whatsapp messages from the scammer proving everything yet when presenting this to PayPal they just shot me down and won’t do anything. I made some transactions under false information yet PayPal won’t do anything about it.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve330uk 

Sorry, they're not going to look at email convos, WhatsApp screenshots. They can be faked. Are you seller or buyer?

Login to Me Too

Steve330uk
Contributor
Contributor
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve330uk 

Ok, can you provide proof of delivery for Item Not Received claim or proof of shipment (minimum for unauthorized payment claims)? What kind of dispute/claim did the buyer file?

If the buyer filed significantly not as described, you're not covered. Some types of transactions are also not covered such as digital goods/licenses, vehicles, cash value/gift cards, real estate, for instance.

Must read the seller protection program terms to see if your business model is appropriate for PayPal or you sell at your own risk. PayPal seller protection program is not a guarantee, warranty or insurance, PayPal never claimed it was and so the program has its limitations:

11. Seller Protection Programme

The buyer protection program terms based on buyer location also applies to you as a seller if you sell internationally:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full?locale.x=en_GB

Select buyer country from location menu. Seller/buyer protection program terms are located within the PayPal User agreement.

Login to Me Too

Steve330uk
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have proof of item send and delivered.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.