Scamming seller used fake tracking number, PayPal automatically sides with scammer, twice.

Dimeron
Contributor
Contributor

Here is what happened. eBay seller sends out a fake package with speedpak tracking number. The item is send to my city in Canada, but not to my address on file. I have confirmed this with Canada Post. I open up a claim, and after few days, I was informed PayPal ruled in favor of the seller. Apparently, according to PayPal agent, as long as there is a tracking number that shows something has been delivered to the same Canadian city, PayPal will automatically side with the seller. Actual address is NOT checked, item is considered delivered as long as it is the same city. So I appeal, and provide my communications with Canada post, along with explicit request to get proof from seller that the item is shipped to my PayPal address on file. 12 hours later, I got the exact same message again, PayPal ruled in sellers favor because tracking shows the item has been delivered to my city. There are no new seller response in the case, and apparently none of my messages or evidence is even looked at. Now I need to spend even more time to call up paypal tommorow, and possibly just have the same thing happen again. (I.e have my evidence ignored and case automatically dismissed). How do I deal with this? Can I get someone at PayPal to actually look at my evidence and get proof of correct delivery from the seller, or should I just go do a credit card charge back. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

Ripped_Off183
Contributor
Contributor
This has just happened to me. Received a shipping number and package said it was delivered in/at mailbox. Whatever it was, was delivered to an address a mile away, mislabeled and sent back. This seller has 69 identical complaints against them. Ebay would do nothing, continually sided with the seller because it was “delivered”. They asked for a Postal Intranet form. This showed “a” package was sent to an address nearby. Still did not satisfy Ebay. They wanted a police incident report. How can you file a stolen article report if nothing was physically stolen. Ebay summarily closed my case in favor of the seller. Meanwhile, they shut his store down and he gets in with another account, same 69 negative reviews but not able to sell. Attempt to try to hide, I suppose. This scam is now older than dirt. Why will Ebay not try to rectify things? I suppose they would be on the hook for thousands of dollars if they had to settle every claim similar to mine, so they cut losses and just close the case. I did not give in. Since PayPal controls the purse strings, I appealed to them and was finally refunded. Almost a month of aggravation, agitation and high blood pressure. Do a better job Ebay. We deserve it!
Login to Me Too

Ripped_Off183
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been struggling to find out why the USPS marks a package as delivered when in fact it never arrived. This article may help: https://www.inquisitr.com/4647290/usps-delivery-times/
Login to Me Too

cardguys3
Contributor
Contributor

I too am in the midst of the SpeedPAK scam.  According to my local USPS, they have no package. I live in a small town and know the postman and the post master.  They haven't received anything for my name or my address.  SpeedPAK says the item was shipped, and multiple delivery attempts are being made, but that the 'BUSINESS IS CLOSED'.  Notably, the address for delivery isn't listed on the orangeconnex, the SpeedPAK shipping website tracking tool.  https://www.orangeconnex.com/tracking?language=en&trackingnumber=

Thus whatever address they allegedly ship to will not match the delivery address on file at Paypal. This is quite alarming as the website shows multiple delivery attempts.  I suspect that without an address listed, PP will give me the refund or I will follow suit and file on my credit card. Hopefully PP starts to take action sooner rather than later.  ALWAYS disappointed at the speed that PP recognizes scams. 

Login to Me Too

CorporateGreed
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal's resolution department is beyond corrupt... they are a greed stricken, warped corporation that cares nothing for its customers. I opened up a claim dispute for a package I never received. The criminal seller submitted a fraudulent tracking number that wasn't associated with my package at all. In fact, the tracking number was associated with a different person at a different address. The fraudulent seller used this tracking number as proof of delivery, and the unfathomably useless, incompetent investigation team failed to acknowledge that this tracking number was indeed fraudulent. Even UPS supplied me with supporting documentation that this was a fraudulent transaction, but it is impossible to get PayPal to review this case using Fair investigation tactics, because it takes too much of their time, and time is money to them. All they care about is the bottom dollar. They deserve to be shut down, and every PayPal executive should be investigated, prosecuted, and thrown in prison for life. Corporate greed in this country has taken our republic and shredded it into what we know today as corporate America. This country has been taken over by demonically greedy, selfish criminals who make millions of dollars every year. These scumbags are responsible for the condition our nation is in. PayPal is a dirty, corrupt company. They make things so difficult that it is impossible to actually have a real investigation done. If these **bleep** imbeciles cannot recognize the difference between a real and a fraudulent tracking number, they are cognitively dysfunction on an unfathomable level. The more likely scenario is that they simply do not care, because their business model is to make profit regardless of what happens to their customers. I will celebrate the day PayPal goes bankrupt. If they were investigated by the federal government (if there was an honest soul in the federal government), they would be shut down and all executives would be prosecuted for their crimes. I have no more tolerance for this kind of BS.

Login to Me Too

cardguys3
Contributor
Contributor
I am lucky enough to know my postmaster in my town and he found my package incorrectly addressed. He ended up just giving it to me. PayPal really needs to understand that a shipping service that refuses to show the destination address is undeniably fraudulent. This is especially true for international shipping. There is no private information. A shipper refusing to provide this information for "privacy reasons" is simply withholding the truth.
Login to Me Too

Jd1970
Contributor
Contributor
I quite agree with you. What do you pay a charge for? Supposedly for support and protection from PayPal for both buyers and sellers. Rubbish it for sellers only. Scanners must be laughing..
Login to Me Too

2Hills4Me
Contributor
Contributor
This has happened to me 3 times recently, and I am beyond irritated with scammers taking my money and stringing me along to find its not even legitimate! I’m DONE with these 3 sellers who’ve robbed me of what we ordered. They all took our money and keep giving us the same fake emails with updated tracking numbers, linked back to USPS tracking confirmations of the packages delivered to an individual at “THE ADDRESS” but doesn’t list my address. This is BEYOND annoying... I’m calling the number I found to JACK THESE SCAMMERS IP for messing with us 3 times! I will NEVER do business with PayPal EVER again!!!!!
Login to Me Too

JosAbe

Same experience here, fake seller sends a tracking, for something that was shipped even before I placed the order and delivered in another city., Also weight mentioned on shipment tracking is way less than what was purchased., Attempts to send emails to the seller has no response, Paypal resolution center waited 1 week, and then wtf^$#, they are extending the wait to another week, for a reply from seller. what is the motivation for paypal to wait on a case that has understandably wrong seller actions in the first place... the commission they get from these transactions???

Guys, I think this is not the place, a PayPal community forum is not the place to vent about this Paypal f$ckup, this needs to get out to platforms like facebook, or twitter where people would see this before they use PayPal, or they see this and DON'T use PayPal.

All in all PayPal customer resolution/buyer resolution is a complete JOKE and scam where, in the end, they side with these fake sellers to bag their commission.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JosAbe 

Do you want advice on how to appeal or do you not want to bother with the 'community'?

If you prefer to seek advice on facebook thats fine.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

musicstudioman
Contributor
Contributor

@2Hills4Me 

Same is happening now.

How did you resolve?  Did USPS give you anything in the form of documentation?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.