cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scamming seller used fake tracking number, PayPal automatically sides with scammer, twice.

SOLVED
nylady
Contributor

Re: Scamming seller used fake tracking number, PayPal automatically sides with scammer, twice.

I ended up sending a message to my bank about the issue and they actually refunded my money and sent a message to Paypal. Paypal then limits the use of my account because my bank stated there was fraudulent activity . Paypal then asked if I got refunded because they don't want to refund it too..Funny how suddenly they will refund it now that the bank got involved. I did speak with the postmaster near me and he did an internal investigation which had shown that the package was marked as "delivered" at the same place it was supposedly to be sent from. The guy blocked me from his website then shut down the site entirely.. His email is associated with numerous scam sites. Just hard to believe that I've been with Paypal like 15 years and they treated me like that.  At least I did get my money back and got my account fully functioning again. 

laschan2001
Contributor

Re: Scamming seller used fake tracking number, PayPal automatically sides with scammer, twice.

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. A similar situation just happened with me. My claims were denied from Etsy, PAYPAL and FEDEX. All of them informed me the same message, "I'm sorry..but there nothing we can do". Something SHOULD BE DONE to stop innocent buyers from experiencing these fraudulent transactions from deceitful scammers/sellers. 

I'm truly sorry that we all have been victimized to scammers and businesses such as PAYPAL and others are QUICK to deny supported claims while FAILING to adequately check ALL OF THE INFORMATION on submitted proofs and documentations from buyers such as ourselves. It's a shame and unfair that us buyers have to pay for any items, and probably expensive items, that was NEVER received despite  the proofs.

I really hope that this matter would get looked into more closely and the scammers would be penalized so that others won't go through this horrible ordeal.

LSweet1
Contributor

You can only do a charge back if you paid by credit card without logging into your PayPal account. I just got scammed for $1629 and found this out the hard way!
michaelye168
Contributor

Totally agree. Paypal is just for convenience. When buying from any insecure sellers, I will use a credit card with annual fee (with better member service). If anything wrong and paypal does not want to help, I will ask the credit card company step in and file a charge back.
Jm3255
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me. I’ll see if ebay or PayPal refunds me