Scammers

Kate7735
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered an outdoor golf game. I recieved a single golf ball in the mail, not even the kind that was supposed to be in the game and not from the company I even ordered from. Just a random golf ball in the mail. I wasnt able to reach out to the company all their emails came back as undeliverable. I opened a case with PayPal, they setteled in their favor saying item was delivered without even asking me if it was delivered. I reached out to the company again with the email address that PayPal had and did get a response saying it was still in transit. So what do I do now ? Anyone have any luck getting their money back after PayPal closed the dispute? Thanks
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kate7735 

If you opened a dispute for non receipt of item then the seller would win if they supplied trackable proof of delivery of an item to you.

Why did you not open a dispute for item received but not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kate7735
Contributor
Contributor
I hadn't received anything when I opened the dispute. I just got this random golf ball in the mail not even postmarked from the company I order from. So I can only assume this is what they are saying was delivered. But when I do contact the company they say its still in transit. So is there anything I can do now that PayPal has closed the case?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kate7735 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Natecho
New Community Member
I just received the golf ball as well today. I just out in my dispute and will update when I have more information.
Login to Me Too

Kate7735
Contributor
Contributor
Wow same thing. Good luck. My first claim they found in their favor saying it was delivered.
Login to Me Too

Kate7735
Contributor
Contributor
I recieved a email back from the company admitting they didnt send the correct product offering me 1st 20% of my money back, I refused that offer. Then get 2nd email offering 40% back or I could return item which would cost me 20 dollars to return. I rejected that one also. I sent both emails to paypal so hopefully they see it was a scam.
Login to Me Too

Ziggy1976
I came across your post because The exact same thing happened to me. I emailed back and forth with PayPal since June and have finally received my full refund for the same issue. I too only received two golf balls, and was told to return them at my own cost and when the seller received them I would receive my refund. The seller requested I return them to hongkong at a cost of $45. I was hesitant as that was the cost of the product in the first place, but I really wanted the merchant held accountable. After providing pay pal with all my shipping info and receipts they approved to pay $30 towards the shipping. (This is a regular service they offer). Then about 3 weeks later the product was returned because the seller provided a false address, probably with the assumption I would not follow through. But t this point it was the principal. The people at the post office actually referred to this as “the golf ball scam”. After numerous messages with PayPal and my case being denied multiple times do to miscommunication I was issued a refund. All in all this whole process took nearly 5 months. Not worth the time spent for the money lost, but I really wanted the merchant to be held responsible. I hope some of this info is helpful to you. Good luck
Login to Me Too

Kate7735
Contributor
Contributor
Glad to hear someone got their money back. I have been denied twice by PayPal. So they know the problem but won't help people. Im done with pay pal the only reason I used them was to protect myself from scams. They have shown me that they won't protect me.
Login to Me Too

Frank95988
I just filed my dispute tonight, am i the only one that bought through Facebook advertisements?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.