Scammers

DJ59
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

How many others have been conned by Moyles Store and what have you done about it? did you get your money back?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Siney1
Contributor
Contributor
My girlfriend just received a tent from ilovecamping.us which I think also trades under moyles store (plus many other ilove....us .. absolutely disgusting.. £60. For 4 man hydrolic tent.. it not even worth £10 what they sent... We going to open a dispute with Facebook
Login to Me Too

TC23
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. I ordered the hydraulic tent big enough for 3-4 people and I received a cheap piece of garbage not even big enough for one person (I'm 5'3" and I can't lie down in the tent). I contacted the seller who ignored me, so I escalated the situation via PayPal. PayPal said I could get a refund IF I sent the tent back and paid for postage. The tent cost me $100 and the postage would be $125 as it's going to China. I sent photos to PayPal of how the dimensions were completely different than what I had ordered and there was no hydraulic portion to it, just some flimsy plastic rods. PayPal doesn't care. It looks like I'm stuck with the loss. So much for buyer protection!

Login to Me Too

Siney1
Contributor
Contributor
I have read not to send it back as this is part of the scam.. PayPal should refund this. This is ridiculous.. have you tried contacting your bank?.
Login to Me Too

TC23
Contributor
Contributor

Oh that's good to know...good thing I didn't send it back! I haven't contacted my bank as I wasn't sure I could since I paid with PayPal. But I suppose PayPal is connected to my credit card so maybe they could help.... Thanks for the idea.

Login to Me Too

Siney1
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I think this part reason why they send something so cheap in first place.. we going to try bank and PayPal.. but we can't just yet as my gf created her PayPal in Spain so only Spain PayPal can help.. 😯
Login to Me Too

TC23
Contributor
Contributor
Oh boy. Good luck! I called the bank yesterday and explained the situation and they said a chargeback may be possible but the department I had to talk to about it was closed. I’m going to call today. I’ll let you know!
Login to Me Too

sunshineonthewa
Contributor
Contributor

snip_20180810165855.pngNot sure if this helps at all but I had this same issue and I called Paypal for HOURS to get a person. Finally voiced my complaint and they wanted me to ship the item back. I told them that the return policy on the website says NOT to return anything under $70 USD. They put me on hold and then agreed to refund it without shipping it back. This took me HOURS to accomplish, but I'm getting my refund, thankfully.  My faith in Paypal went down the tubes though... the amount of time I spent on the phone was RIDICULOUS. 45 minutes on hold 1 time. Hung up on 5 other times by the automated system. Then I finally got a "we'll call you back in 5-10 minutes" thing and left my info. Why in the hell didn't I get that the FIRST time I called?! I'm done using Paypal to buy things after this. Would've been better off just using my credit card and calling them to have it refunded. Much easier process I've done in the past. 

Login to Me Too

TC23
Contributor
Contributor

Man, they sure don't make it easy, do they? I gave up entirely on PayPal and called my bank. They are going to do a chargeback for me, but I have to fax them two letters: one stating what I purchased and how what I got is different, and one from a third-party (like a store that sells tents) confirming that what I got is not a hydraulic tent. Then my credit card company will open their investigation.

Login to Me Too

sunshineonthewa
Contributor
Contributor
I called my credit card company first and the last was very honest and said that I've have better luck getting a refund faster through PayPal because their process required evidence and it was very lengthy. I appreciated that, so I called PayPal thinking it would be simple. I had photos, screenshots of the website, etc. I couldn't even get ahold of a person. I added it up... I spent over 3 hours on day 1 and 3 more hours on day 2 fighting this. I hate all of the automated crap that the phone number loops you through. It's a bunch of B. S. And they do it on purpose to see if you will go away. If this ever happens again, I'm just telling my credit card company I never authorized the purchase to begin with and they will expedite the process and I can just move on with life. It's not like I file these disputes frequently. My friend told me that I wasted my time because this would've been much faster with less hassle. Lesson learned.
Login to Me Too

Ljmharper
Exact same situation. It will cost me $150 CAD to send it back to China to recieve my $92 CAD refund. I even told Paypal about the websites "no-return if less than $90" policy and it didnt even get acknowledged. I now have 5 days to pay the shipping amount or my claim gets cancelled.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.