Scammers using PayPal

Chuckles71
Contributor
Contributor

Made a purchase online through PayPal, from what I thought was a UK company, which gave a UK address. The receipt that has come has the same UK company name.

When I check PayPal, I now find the company I have made the payment to is one in China!

This means any statutory protections that might apply in the UK are worthless.

It seems from a search online, others have been scammed before, and this has been done through PayPal, so why are PayPal not shutting them down?

Even with raising an issue, there is no actual way of highlighting to PP that fraud is taking place!

If not resolved this will be my last ever attempt at paying for anything through PP, I have had bad experiences before, and the PP attitude of 'you have to claim, raise it, then raise it again' just plays into the hands of companies that carry out scams.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

GalwayDude
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me to

I'm sticking to Amazon and Ebay and paying by Credit card from now on. I'm DONE with paypal. They are facilitating these scammers and are profiting from it. Paypals dispute mechanism is beyond a waste of time. Crap Company.

WOW- I've 'earned' a return 'badge'... give me a break!!!

Login to Me Too

Chuckles71
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I'm actually not expecting resolution unfortunately, PayPal stand to make money from scammers so it's kind of a conflict of interest for them to stop it, and just pretend to be an arms length payment facilitator instead.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.