Scammers can use Pay Pal and Fed Ex to access your bank account.

Sawdustface
Contributor
Contributor

A merchant (scammer) advertises a product with a very attractive price on line. When you order the item, the merchant offers Pay Pal as a method of payment. After you finish the transaction the merchant (scammer) notifies Pay Pal that the product has been shipped and supplies a tracking number. The next day you are informed by Fed Ex that your package has been delivered. But of course it has not. And the money has been extracted from your account by the merchant (scammer) not Pay Pal.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Sandy1111
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly what has happened to us and I cant seem to get help. Fedex says it is delivered as it was addressed (not to me) and Paypal has closed the case because it was delivered. How can I get help please?! Thanks!!

Login to Me Too

Sandy1111
Contributor
Contributor
Just to update...PayPal came through with great help! Angie was a wonderful help!! She researched case and agreed it was wrong and has refunded our money!! Thank you Angie!!
Login to Me Too

Farm2nurse
Contributor
Contributor

They did this to me as well, only used UPS.  Said item was delivered as well.  So frustrating!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.