Scammer

Sirman04
Contributor
Contributor

I recently got my phone stolen and was in need of a new one so I asked around of social media and this guy from Detroit was selling one. I lowballed him and he was quick to respond and didn't even bother to negotiate and told me his Paypal mail. I Paypalled him 375 cad and he said he would get one day shipping because i needed it for school the Tuesday following. The next day was veterans day for the US and Rememberance day for Canada so i didn't think postal services would run and it didn't arrive so I thought nothing of it. The next day (today) Nothing came either. I told him what happened and he read my messages and blocked me. I opened a case about it because that is a lot of money to me and I need it back but as soon as I open it he posts a message saying that I bought a couch from him and since we are no longer friends I wanted my money back. I don't even live in the same country as him let alone buy a couch from him. This is bs and I would like my money back. Thanks in advance! Also, who paypals money for a couch when your friends in real life.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sirman04 

Escalate it to a claim for paypal to review for you.

But i hope that what you bought was CLEARLY DESCRIBED on either the invoice the seller sent you OR in the notes section when you sent the payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sirman04
Contributor
Contributor

I have proof of him lieing about the couch situation, does that help? @kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sirman04 

Paypal don't take into account emails or chat logs etc.

BUT if you have filed for non receipt of item then he ''should'' hopefully lose if he cannot provide a tracking number that proves delivery of an item to you.

That is as long as you did NOT use the friends/family option to pay?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.