Scammer selling rare vinyl records on Instagram and taking payment via PayPal

Tzone
New Community Member

Beware of a scammer named Kyle who sells rare records on Instagram and asks you to pay via PayPal "friends and family" and then never sends anything and changes his Instagram account and blocks you. He used to go by the IG handle: vinyl_archaeology but he keeps changing the name and blocking those whom he has ripped off. He is now going by @__onestop_vinylrecords__. He operates out of Rochester, NY.  @kyledeeeee.

My concern is that they are continuing to rip people off with this scam. My case with PayPal was declined because I paid via "friends and family". 

#vinylcommunity #rarerecords #vinylrecords #IGscams #instagramscams #rochesterNY #jazzrecords #sunra #vinylcollecting #vinyl_archaeology

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tzone 

OR just don't break paypal rules and use the friends/family option for purchasing goods and then you will have buyer protection and not be ripped off.

Its only by using that option that you help the scammers win, they can't scam unless you help them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

callen77
New Community Member

yeah, this scammer needs to have his PayPal privileges revoked. He has ripped a lot of people off. I agree that the "friends & family" method has been abused by small-time merchants to get around fees. That said, short of finding out his home address, the only thing left to be done is make sure he doesn't get to keep this money, which totals in the thousands of dollars. For what it is worth I bought something from him years ago and after much ballyhooing it finally showed up. I haven't bought anything lately and have been watching the latest shenanigans unfold from the sidelines. 

Login to Me Too

abnersoulfist
New Community Member

I was a recent victim of this **bleep** as well.

Login to Me Too

Acredj
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve gotten records from him in the past. One time he disappeared from IG after a purchase, but came back on IG after a few months and gave me a refund after I contacted him about it. So it’s hard to say, but this time he’s been completely unresponsive after I’ve made my biggest purchase to date. Sucks. He’ll get his hopefully...
Login to Me Too

panamusica
Contributor
Contributor

He got me too, and dozens of others in between May, June and July.  He takes your money, disappears, and blocks you on social media. 

As others have stated, there is no recourse when you pay using Friends and Family.  I spoke with Paypal's customer service deparment at length and asked them to investigate back in June.  If they haven't revoked his paypal account, that's really dissapointing. 

What is the handle that Kyle is using to sell records now?  Please see my post on instagram under the username panamusica for more info. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.