Scammer escalated my claim.

JoshPias
Contributor
Contributor
Hey everyone, so I bought a pair of designer sneakers on Depop for £350, I paid thru PayPal as goods and service not family and friend. The seller then blocked me on snapchat where we did most of our communicating and deleted his Depop (saying Depop deleted it, which is obviously a lie). So when I noticed all of this and that he didn’t send me a receipt with a tracking code or even my address on it, he sent me a receipt that looks like he might have just mailed a letter back to himself or something, just so he can get a receipt with a date on it etc. The receipt picture he sent me I could see at the bottom that it was a screenshot from somewhere else. So I opened a claim on PayPal and to my surprise he responded and then escalated the claim. The resolution centre also doesn’t show me what he has responded with, I just got an email that they responded and then another email that they escalated the claim I opened on them. Now I’m just left thinking will PayPal be bamboozled by this scammer or will they just decide something and be done with it? I can’t talk to a live representative either due to the corona lockdown, so all my calls go straight to an automated line. Can anybody help please with some advise? Should I be worried?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.