Scammer PayPal hole - return postage more then refund

RGR_inUS_Ohio
New Community Member

I have a case where I relied in my mind on PayPal's protection, but I think a seller is relying on a paypal 'hole', to victimize suckers.   I need advice on if I can come out of this without losing all the money.

They (brayk.store) show pictures of usable camping tents & camp gear.  They ship a foil emergency shelter (they call it a tent, which the packaging does not) and a EDC paracord bracelet (their camp gear).  These products combined can be purchased with free shipping on ebay for less than the original shipping paid)

Sure I can get a 'full' refund if I ship the items back, but the cheapest shipping from US to China, I found, is more than the refund.  I would still lose original shipping. I think the seller knows this.

So I think it works this way get someone to use paypal to pay you with over priced shipping for a item you can potentially defend as the advertised item.  Ship very cheap version. When a paypal dispute is filed the seller tells the buyer you will refund if they ship back the worthless product.  The buyer will not as shipping is more than refund, even if they do the seller keeps the original shipping charge which may be more then the sellers cost.

Needed to vent, warn, ask if someone has a resolution.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Santa12
New Community Member
I'm returning just on principle because I do t want the Scammers to get the money. Also PayPal has offered full refund including original postage but I will be down for the return postage which has to be more expensive tracked post. Infuriating
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.