Scammed

Nukeman
New Community Member

I purchased a large item from a company online and paid with PayPal. The seller sent an email with notice of shipment and a tracking number. I never received the item. I checked the tracking and it said it was delivered via USPS three days after my order. I was at home that day, all day, and received nothing. What was fishy was that the product I ordered was a large, very heavy box that would have to been sent express to arrive that soon. That would have been very expensive for the seller. I opened a case with PayPal and they denied it because the seller sent them the tracking number showing that it had been delivered. I checked with the post office and was told by the supervisor that that tracking number was for an item purchased through Amazon, which mine wasn't, and wasn't even addressed to my address. It was someone elses package. She then told me this is now a common scam. She said she would send me an email to forward to PayPal and she said she had spoken with PayPal before about this problem.

Well, I had to reopen a new claim and forwarded the email from the postal supervisor to PayPal. I received an email saying that they were contacting the seller. I just received an email from PayPal saying that my claim was denied again because the seller gave them the same tracking number showing it was delivered.

Has anyone else had this problem with PayPal? Apparently they support scammers. I know they're not going to like me saying that, are you PayPal?  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nukeman 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.