Scammed

Launicapantera
Contributor
Contributor
I made a purchase of $239.99 on what I tonight was a legitimate website because it uses PayPal and I got scammed. I'm trying to get my money back thru PayPal but there's no refund button and the resolution center is of no help. What can I do to get PayPal to issue me a refund. Also the seller has provided a fake tracking number.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

wayjo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I just had this problem too. Your first step is to Dispute it. Once that has been logged escalate it to Paypal. The problem I am now getting is how to get Paypal to look at this vendor and prevent other people getting scammed but it seems they are not interested.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

wayjo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I just had this problem too. Your first step is to Dispute it. Once that has been logged escalate it to Paypal. The problem I am now getting is how to get Paypal to look at this vendor and prevent other people getting scammed but it seems they are not interested.

Login to Me Too

Launicapantera
Contributor
Contributor
I tried contacting PayPal regarding this but to no effect, they have been of no help, they have no other was of contact and I cant report a problem as I already did. They need to improve their customer service. I reported the website to the FTC and another website. You can look up by searching report a scam, you can post pictures of the website and anything you have regarding that website you can also give them the website address. I also contacted my bank and they will issue me a refund as well as investigate this fraud.
Login to Me Too

Mich4213
New Community Member
Were you able to get refunded through PayPal? I, too ordered from them?
Login to Me Too

Launicapantera
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I was, I'm pretty sure you'll get your refund. Provide them with every detail you have even photos from the website their address and phone number email and contact your bank right away and see if the can put hold on payment or refund you
Login to Me Too

wayjo
Contributor
Contributor

@Mich4213Yes, they refunded quite quickly. My concern was allowing them to continue. It seems they are not bothered and just allow it as they have no control over them.

Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
Do Not Open Package! It will probably have a return address written In Chinese so you won’t know what it says. This is done to confuse the buyer of where it comes from. Some buyers open package, reveal contents and think it must have been a mistake and just dismiss it altogether thinking it has nothing to do with what they ordered from the fake website. When and if you receive package you can either refuse the delivery which should then make package return to sender which usually has a fake address. So this might not work because the seller/scammer can say they never received package. Or when you receive package take a very thorough and clear video recording of the unopened package showing every angle, detail and information. While still recording open the package and reveal the contents and thoroughly record them in great detail as well. More than likely it won’t be what you ordered. These scammers will mail you something so they can prove shipment was delivered. Which I don’t know why because they already have our money because PayPal released it so why would PayPal require us to mail back the shipment, which the buyer has to pay for, to the seller and it has to be confirmed that it was received before we can get our money back? This is a loophole that they exploit. By making the video you have documented evidence you can show PayPal that you were a victim of fraud. If it was real buyer protection our money should be refunded immediately upon confirmation of not receiving what was ordered. The package and its contents should be mailed to PayPal for this confirmation to be approved. I was scammed on December 3,2020 thru a fake website called gamesclubs.biz I’m trying to figure out the best way to be successful at getting a refund. The only reason I purchased from this site was because they accepted PayPal and I believed that I would be protected from things of this nature. Now I’m beginning to wonder if they may be corrupt as well.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.