Scammed

JaySander
Contributor
Contributor

Wife found this:

https://www.vipemart.xyz/products/keter-unity-xl-portable-outdoor-table-with-storage-cabinet-and-sta...

I used Paypal to order this because the website was not a commonly known website.

After placing the order on the website, the paypal transaction indicated an unknown seller, (which is <removed>, not Vipemart), with a gmail email address.  <removed> also indicated to Paypal that this was a transaction for "Digital Media".  As you can see by the link above, it is not.  I have not received any response(s) from Vipemart or <removed>.  Not even an order acknowledgement.  The Vipemart website indicates a 2 to 5 day response time.  This has since passed.  I have reached out to both.  No response.

So I files a dispute with Paypal.  The Paypal selection for this dispute was somewhat confusing, so me the logical choice was "Unauthorized Transaction".  I selected this because I did not authorize a transaction for "Digital Media".  Apparently this means "Unauthorized Access".  My claim was denied by Paypal.  I can find no way to re-file the claim using the correct Paypal selections.  Any help/guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Gio119
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me I ordered from this HO CHI TAY website only because it was backed up by PayPal, I never had and issue when PayPal its been involved trough the years I’ve been using it but this time they failed to protect me, the only reason I didn’t close my account of 15+ years is cause I need it for eBay but now my first choice it’s always Amazon
Login to Me Too

SWAK1323
Contributor
Contributor
I TOO WAS SCAMMED BY HO CHI TAY. MINUTES AFTER MY TRANSACTION WAS APPROVED, THE ORDER NUMBER PROVIDED DID NOOOT WORK. MAJOR RED FLAG NOR, DID I RECEIVE ANY RETURN FEEDBACK FROM THE “ CUSTOMER SERVICE EMAIL” AFTER I WROTE THEM (MULTIPLE) TIMES. CLEARLY, & MOST OBVIOUSLY, THE GOODS NEVER ARRIVED, HOWEVER SOMEHOW, and TO PAY PALS FOOLED ACCEPTANCE, they (Ho chi tay) PROVIDED A FALSE TRACKING & DELIVERY NUMBER, SO, MY CLAIM OF ITEMS NEVER RECEIVED WAS DENIED. UNBELIEVABLE. ADDITIONALLY, THIS “TRACKING NUMBER” (ACCORDING TO PP) STATES THAT THE BABY DIAPERS WERE DELIVERED ONE DAY AFTER THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE. COME IN GUYS, REALLY??? THAT DIDN’T JUMP OUT AT YOU? WHAT a JOKE. AS A SINGLE MOTHER, I CAN THINK OF TWENTY WAYS TO SPEND THAT TWENTY DOLLARS. THE DENOMINATION MATTERS NOT!!! IT’STHE PRINCIPLE. NOW, WHEN I TRY TO EVEN BRING UP THE WEBSITE- IT STATES “SORRY THIS SHOP IS UNAVAILABLE”. GONE. YET STILL, WITH THIS PROOF IN HAND PAY PAL WILL NOT REFUND MY MONEY. SO MUCH FOR PURCHASE PROTECTION.
Login to Me Too

_JG
Contributor
Contributor

I recently attempted to purchase from vipemart.xyz (or the redirected danas.xyz), and agree that this is fraudulent. Both sites are no longer up, and the seller clearly has no intention of contacting us. You might want to retry the dispute. My purchase is still pending, but if it goes thorough, I will also file one.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.