Scammed

Jorell
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone been scammed by <removed> ! I have and paypal will not even respond to me. Sad.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jorell 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dunadan
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed too, and here's what I did to resolve this....

THE SITUATION

In my case, I ordered an kitchen appliance from this website.  When I asked when my package was, they would NOT email me a tracking number (WARNING SIGN #1). Also, the ONLY items listed for sale on the website UNDER THEIR MAIN MENU were jewelry or essential oils, but the kitchen appliance I had found using Google search was not found anywhere on their website via their website menus/tabs (WARNING SIGN #2).

Then, we got in the USPS mail a kid's cartoon sticker that we NEVER ordered (we don't even have kids!) and we didn't understand why someone would send us stickers for free? But kukhi a.k.a. ELIZABETH CORNISH INC. was doing was they sent that USPS "tracking number" of the cartoon sticker to PayPal as supposed "proof" that my big kitchen appliance package had been delivered to my home (although that "package" was in reality just a cartoon sticker in a tiny envelope instead of the big item I actually paid for.)
NOTE: I later saw from a scamadvisor website that the kukhi website was a new website and had been created and setup LESS THAN 3 months ago! (BIG WARNING SIGN #3).

THE SOLUTION: I used PayPal's "Contact Us" link to talk to a human being and explained the situation.
In my case, I had filed a dispute in the PayPal resolution center previously telling them I had never received my package, for which I got a email from PayPal saying "Your dispute was Denied. This resolution case has been closed".
But I google search the scam website and I learned that this fraudulent website was mailing out "decoy" USPS tracking numbers as proof of package delivery that they would send to PayPay to fool the PayPal algorithms into thinking the package had been delivered.  Si then, I CALLED PayPal customer support and explained the situation. She said they had received so many complaints already about this merchant that they had suspended their account and would refund my PayPal money shortly (after they gave the merchant the legally required 10-days to refute my claim). I still had my USPS tracking number and envelope that the cartoon sticker was mailed to me in, and I offered to upload a pic of it as evidence. But she said they didn't need me to send them a pic in this instance, because so many others had filed the same complaint.
So I am expecting PayPal to soon refund of my money, but be warned!  Those scammers will shut down their website soon since their account has been suspended, and they will just repeat the same fraud by setting up another new website, so BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THOSE 3 WARNING SIGNS I listed above!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.