Scammed???

markusnuke
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two infant car seats from a online store and paid with paypal. After noticing that the payment went to an individual, I decided to look into this online store a little more. BBB indicates they are not at the location they say they are (Milwaukee) and they cannot make contact via their established phone number. I have tried many times with no answers to the same number.  Other reviews online indicate that this may be a scam business and that items were ordered using stolen credit Card information.  All my emails to this company have gone unanswered to date.

I opened a case with Paypal Resolution, but it was declined since the seller provided a tracking number for shipment.

I received one car seat on Thursday, but the invoice was from "Bed Bath and Beyond" in New Jersey for a higher price than what I purchased it for and the order came from a lady in Grand Rapids, MI. 

I am still missing one car seat which has no status or update on when it will be delivered.

I reopened the resolution case again since I did not receive all items.  I have an email that states that the order was only partially filled but cant figure out out to provide this or attach this information to Paypal.

So in summary, I ordered two infant car seats from a business that was supposed to be in Milwaukee,  that will not answer their phones or emails, received one car seat shipped from New Jersey that was ordered by  a lady in Grand Rapids MI.

I have not opened the car seat because I am afraid it was obtained illegally.

Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @markusnuke,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your seller. When it comes to not receiving all the items in an order, if you receive a partial amount of the shipment but not all of it, you'll want to file the case as Significantly Not As Described (SNAD). You should be able to appeal the decision and ensure the correct case is open if you contact us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter. I hope the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @markusnuke,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your seller. When it comes to not receiving all the items in an order, if you receive a partial amount of the shipment but not all of it, you'll want to file the case as Significantly Not As Described (SNAD). You should be able to appeal the decision and ensure the correct case is open if you contact us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter. I hope the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

markusnuke
Contributor
Contributor

This has not been resolved. I received a second infant car seat by UPS. However, it came from Lancaster PA and per the invoice was ordered by a young lady from Columbia SC, not from the seller or his online store.  I found her phone number on google and called her. She indicated that here credit card was illegally used to order a car seat and the bank had cancelled her account and was providing her a new card .   So, In summary, I ordered two cars seats from a on line store(YEZstore.com) that is not in Milwaukee but is in Vietnam. I received two cars seats from USA retailers that were ordered by unwitting victims using their credit card info illegally.  Now I have basically stolen merchandise sitting in my living room and do not know what to do with it. PayPal requested I send it to the seller in Vietnam at my own expense in order to get a refund.  Now does that make any sense at all?   Why would I send the stolen merchandise to the seller in Vietnam who is running this scam and basically become complicit in his crime?

Login to Me Too

BAI93
New Community Member
How do you reopen a dispute by PayPal? I purchased 2 car seats and have received neither! I filed A claim as “item not received” but the “company” sent me a tiny envelope with tracking so they won’t the claim yet I’m out $99 and no car seats! The website said cooperated with PayPal so I assumed it was credible...is PayPal part of this scam!? Please help! I’ve attempted contacting the company number, email and email that was on PayPal with no luck as the company is a SCAM. I’ve tried calling and emailing PayPal as well but due to the lockdown there is no one to help...PLEASE HELP!
Login to Me Too

kimberlyspicerR
New Community Member
This is still going on! My family and I separately ordered 5 car seats some of us charged for more than the one ordered. We get no where with PayPal all they say is the seller has 30 days to respond. There are 100’s of people who responded to the Bcartor 2020report and reviews for the same thing.most of whom reported through PayPal. Whit this many people how is this still going on? PayPal is the one name of it shows up you felt like it was safe! NOT ANYMORE! They have made tens of thousands off all us suckers for a deal! They should go to jail! How do people get away with these kinds of things!?
Login to Me Too

dkbushnell
New Community Member

It is still going on!! I ordered a car seat on April 15th and never received at confirmation e-mail or notification of shipping. I screen shotted my order confirmation from the website at time of purchase. I can no longer access the website to look up my order. This morning at 12:28 AM the "seller" provided a UPS tracking number to PayPal and processed my payment. The tracking number states that the order was delivered on April 16th, so I called UPS to find my package and they stated it was delivered but not to the answer that I provided to them. Then I opened a claim with UPS and I received an e-mail that states it was delivered to a person named Brian Walker in Springfield, IL. I do not know this person, but is also said it was shipped by amazon.com from Wisconsin. Im so confused, and paypal wont do anything until the get a response from the seller and they have until MAy 14th to respond. My bank wont help either because my paypal is connected to my bank account through my ACH.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.