cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed

SOLVED

Scammed

I sold and item on Ebay and the customer disputed the charge through Paypal. The basis of their claim is that they did not make the purchase. I provided PayPal with information showing this was a legit transaction but they ruled against me. Now my account is in the negative and I don't have my item .How or can I reverse this action?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Advisor

Re: Scammed

@Antoine75

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
2 REPLIES
Volunteer Advisor

@Antoine75

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.

Thank you I submitted an email with our text conversation and the new tracking number to show it was a legit transaction. I'm calling Paypal now to following up since I didn't receive a response to my email.