Scammed

LiamB1
New Community Member

I ordered an item on Instagram through PayPal however he told me in order for me to buy it I would have to send the money through personal not business which I did and now he ignoring me and I have no item and he has my money

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Yep, unfortunately you've been scammed and sadly, you won't be able to open a dispute.   The best way to protect yourself is "never" pay for an item using the Send Money feature and choose "Friends and Family" regardless of what the seller tells you.    PayPal sees this type of transaction as simply one person sending money to another (there's no purchase details so there's no opportunity to open a dispute requesting a refund).    If you are the buyer, insist on the seller to send you an invoice with the item description and ensure that item you're purchasing can be shipped (USPS or UPS), tracked and insured if applicable - following these steps will qualify you for Buyer Protection.   This is all outlined in the User Agreement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.