Scammed

Windyone

I bought a pair of sun loungers and paid by Paypal  for them, about six weeks later a cheap tacky ring appeared from china with the same tracking number as the sun loungers.

After working it out that we had been scammed I took this up with paypal disputes.

I gave them the evidence and tracking package photo's with the said ring in it thinking that I would easily get my money back....

How wrong can you be , Paypal sided with the scamming company and said that they had a tracking number, the actual one i had given them with photo's and told me delivery had been met..   Not fooking sun lounges Paypal...but a **bleep**e cheap ring..

Fuming ....

I have no faith in paypal anymore and will be closing my account.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Windyone 

You would lose any dispute for non receipt, as non receipt disputes are mostly automated and if tracking showed delivery of an item then the dispute would be closed in the sellers favour.

Why did you not open a dispute for 'item received but not as described', you may have well one that one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Windyone

I did dispute the receipt of the goods with evidence of the tracked package and asked how would two large sun loungers fit into the tiny package with the same tracking number provided by the seller? 

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

One would think regardless of the type of dispute, once a person (not machine) examines all the evidence then it is obvious how the dispute should have been adjudicated. Getting scammed is one thing, having a perceived trusted payment processor side with scammers adds insult to injury. Filing the wrong type of dispute is a technicality PP is using to avoid having to refund to thousands of victims. This and other scams has been around and reported here for years, I am simply flabbergasted that a large corporation like PP is playing these games. Shameful.

Login to Me Too

Cinrilla

Same thing happened to me!!  I ordered a laptop body desk. I received a piece of board. I notified Paypal that I did not receive what I had ordered and requested a refund.  The stated that the tracking number indicated I received the item. TOTAL SCAM!

"We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered."  Really??? I told Paypal that I received a piece of board not a laptop body desk.  I have pictures to prove it!!  I am so frustrated and disappointed in paypal supporting scammers.  Beware all. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.