Scammed!

steve-rackley
Contributor
Contributor

I've been scammed and Paypal decided in favor of the scammer 😠 ... 

The buyer claimed non delivery. I provided a photograph of the item as shipped, a copy of the shipping receipt and screenshots of the tracking information including signature on delivery. As the item was insured, the signature on delivery was mandatory. How can this not be accepted as proof of delivery? What further evidence is it possible to provide?

Can the decision be referred for a higher level review because the person (or bot) that made the decision cannot have looked properly at the docs I submitted.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@steve-rackley 

Did you have tracking that proved delivery to the Paypal registered address of the buyer at the time that they paid?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@steve-rackley,

If you can submit online tracking showing delivery to the buyer's provided address, as well as an online signature, I recommend appealing the claim.  

- Randy 

Login to Me Too

steve-rackley
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @PayPal_Randy I did appeal and provided a screenshot of the conversation in which the buyer provided the delivery address. Payment came from two separate payees and the delivery address provided is not the registered address of either.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @steve-rackley,

I'm sorry that there was a dispute. Shipping to an address that is not in the transaction details would mean that Seller Protection would not apply to the transaction. Accepting multiple payments would also require shipping to the address in each transaction, so that would also put you in a position to miss coverage for one of the transactions. 

I'm sorry that you experienced loss as a result of choosing to accommodate a buyer outside of the guidelines.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.