Scammed

Ibrahim_09
Contributor
Contributor
I got scammed a couple days go of £20 and £15 i was buying an item off gumtree and the buyer gave me his paypal to sent the money so i did and when i sent him the money he disappeared, ive been trying to open a dispute case but when i report a problem the only option that comes up is report unauthorised Activity nothing else paypal have been sending me useless emails on how to create a dispute case but the option for it doesnt show i want my money refunded but theirs no way to contact PayPal
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It sounds like you must have send the payment as "Friends and Family"..??  When you do this there is no way to file a dispute, which is exactly why the fraudsters trick you into sending it this way.

Unfortunately, I see this all the time.  If this is indeed what you did you'll likely need to chalk it up to a learning experience, and be thankful it wasn't for larger amounts.

Here's a video I posted not long ago about this exact problem.  Wish I could have shown you sooner. 

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.