Scammed

petexschiessl
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a product on Depop. I filed a dispute through paypal for the wrong reasoning. I filed it for an unauthorized transaction instead of "i haven't received my item". But when I go to to file another dispute. It says I am unable to do so

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

eniemi
Contributor
Contributor
For this you would need to contact customer service via phone or mail and ask them to change it for you.
Login to Me Too

petexschiessl
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, I gotta wait until tomorrow.I opened up 2 cases yesterday but Paypal deemed that the "Unauthorized Transaction" reason was the right one but they totally deleted the "I haven't received my item" case. I'm currently losing my mind thinking I lost this money due to miscommunication.
Login to Me Too

petexschiessl
Contributor
Contributor
They also "denied" my case because it was the wrong reasoning.
Login to Me Too

eniemi
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, well as long it was commercial (for goods or service) payment it would be possible to report it as INR (item not received). And I'm quite sure if you appeal this within 10 days from denied they will be able to help you. Depending on country of both you and the seller the rules may differ. But most cases, seller would need prove item has been delivered to you by tracking number (or that you would have chance to pick it up at for example pickup point). If no tracking code or it is stuck in transit, you should have chance to get back the money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eniemi 

It won't be possible to file a dispute for INR if they have already opened one and had it closed for an unauthorised purchase.

You are only allowed x1 dispute per transaction and can't 'change' a dispute from unauthorised TO INR.

@petexschiessl 

You are probably out of luck so you could 'try' contacting customer services as they have been known occasionally to open a dispute for INR if you explain that you opened the wrong one by mistake.

However if you opened unauthorised because it was the only option then did you pay using the friends / family option rather than goods / services? If so then you would have no buyer protection.

Your other option is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.