Scammed

joeyOh
New Community Member

I purchased an item online a month ago and it hasn't arrived. I got one email from this Co. Dex Sales and they said they were sorry and would look immediately into it NOT.After searching this company online I discovered my exact story several times its a scam. The trick is that I used my credit card for the purchase and this Co. Dex Sales goes through PayPal. This way PayPal is not responsible for any refunds and you are out the money. My issue is why would PayPal do business with a disreputable outfit like this?? THEY HAVE RECEIVED OTHER COMPLAINTS? I don't understand? My credit card information is safe they are notifying the relative agencies but still it doesn't seem right to allow this to continue. I'll be closing my PP account. Buyer beware!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BumMagnet 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joeyOh 

If a company has a 500 complaints but has 50,000 happy customers then paypal would still do business with them wouldn't they?

Especially as they give you some buyer protection in the event of an item not received etc, even as a guest buyer you can chargeback via your credit card.

You only ever hear the bad about a company online on the main as people don't start threads on here when they paid > received their order and everything is fine.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ranch_hand
Contributor
Contributor
This company is a SCAM and if you search online you will find many complaints, all the same: failure to deliver, excuses, bad communication, no irder tracking information.
Login to Me Too

Dex_sales_scam
Contributor
Contributor
I was also just scammed by this company. I didn’t use my credit card, though - a bank transfer through PayPal. PayPal still wouldn’t refund the payment - even after Dex Sales put up a BOGUS tracking number showing the item had been delivered to some address in a totally different company! I wish I had just used my credit card - they offer better protection than PayPal, and I’ll certainly think twice about buying from vendors that primarily rely on PayPal to process online payments from now on!
Login to Me Too

BumMagnet
New Community Member

Same issue here.  I placed an order 7 months ago and have never received it.  Opened a dispute with PayPal and they marked it as resolved since the seller sent a tracking number.  To this day the tracking says, "USPS Currently Awaiting Package" so PayPal sucks as much as the seller does.  DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SELLER.  Also, the email address they have on file with PayPal bounces back.  Way to go, PayPal!

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BumMagnet 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.