Scammed

Wgf77
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone. I recently bought some concert tickets online. When I got to the concert, the scanned tickets were apparently refunded to the original buyer. So I was left to buy new tickets from the venue. How can I get my money back? PayPal dispute was opened, but they said that the goods were delivered, so no issue. Is that the end of it? Thanks in advance for any help
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wgf77 

As you can't do a chargeback as you didn't use a credit card Smiley Sad then i suggest you appeal BUT as it was tickets you may not have as much protection as for a physical item.

Worth trying though.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wgf77 

Which dispute did you open ie non receipt of item OR item received but not as described?

How did you fund that paypal payment ie bank transfer or a credit card?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Wgf77
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I put it as item delivered not as described and paid through PayPal via bank account. Thanks
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wgf77 

As you can't do a chargeback as you didn't use a credit card Smiley Sad then i suggest you appeal BUT as it was tickets you may not have as much protection as for a physical item.

Worth trying though.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.