Scammed

Antoine75
Contributor
Contributor

I sold and item on Ebay and the customer disputed the charge through Paypal. The basis of their claim is that they did not make the purchase. I provided PayPal with information showing this was a legit transaction but they ruled against me. Now my account is in the negative and I don't have my item .How or can I reverse this action?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Antoine75

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Antoine75

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Antoine75
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you I submitted an email with our text conversation and the new tracking number to show it was a legit transaction. I'm calling Paypal now to following up since I didn't receive a response to my email.

Login to Me Too

CoyoteMayor
Contributor
Contributor
What if they put gift on the payment its still able t o be reversed right? This guys is really trying to scam me harder if so. He insists that there would be no charge backs 😞 I think he is a hacker or something. He keeps sending payments from different people.each time .. with no explanation .. i sent the last 2 payments back he is obviously.up.to something right
Login to Me Too

CoyoteMayor
Contributor
Contributor
What if they send through family and friends can they still ask for.money back ? After the fact. If so im in big trouble 😕
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CoyoteMayor

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and can lead to your Paypal account being limited.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (if they funded that Paypal payment via their credit card) and you would probably lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection because you accepted payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CoyoteMayor
Contributor
Contributor
Well thank you for response i will probably end up closing both ebay and PayPal accounts either way. I dont see a seller protection. At all. I have tried to deal with my situation with paypal and they gave me an attitude when i asked them questions. They just want the money period. Ebay at least said they would begin an ivestigation. Hopefully. A Real a one not like paypal that says investigation when they already have in mind giving the sender(scammers) my money to them... No help at all im **bleep** or will be out of hundreds hopefully not thousands. .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CoyoteMayor

Sorry but if you accepted a friends / family payment for a sale then of course you have no seller protection as you negated it yourself by accepting payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CoyoteMayor
Contributor
Contributor
There shouldnt be a way to get money back when sent through that service ... Or at least i thought it w a s so 😕 Anyone could a sk for.money back at any time. Yeah that makes sense.. scammers welcome I also sold 10 items through ebay under the right category and everything done correctly yet they claimed unauthorized transaction and poof money gone goods digital goods long gone...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.