Scammed

Sennen
New Community Member

how do I get a refund on someone who has scammed me for $40 USD? I was buying a gaming account off him and he made me transfer the money to him and by doing so he has proceed to block me from all types of communication. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Blainefire
Contributor
Contributor

To be honest, I got scammed for 8x more than you with a whopping $239, all I did is report this to PayPal and request to be escalated to PayPal if the seller clearly doesn't respond to you they will issue you a refund! you really have to be honest in order to get your money back!

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@Sennen

No offense, but right off the bat when your buying a leveled up gamer tag or similar your delving into the "fringe of shadiness" you will probably get your $ back if you file a dispute with PayPal..

Lucky you only got taken for $40 & didn't end up with alot worse which I won't go into..

I see leveled up tags on ebay all the time, in future might be prudent going that route for its slightly safer as opposed to off a forum or some random guy you met on XBL or PSN.

My son sent some random guy who he met playing COD on XBL $400 for a pair of sneakers & soon as he sent the $$ the guy blocked him & stop answering his calls/texts, of course thats when he came to me asking if theres anything we could do.

we ended up filing a dispute with PayPal & after their "investigation" which took like a month cuz they give the guy you sent the $$ to like 3-4wks to reply,,,

They credited his PayPal acct the $400

GOOD LUCK

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.