Scammed with PayPal link without confirmation on mobile via Yandex Europe AG

danielrm1982
Contributor
Contributor

Today it's the first problem I had with PayPal, and if I don't get a decent answer it will be the last...

I was talking with a supposedly decent seller which told me to use PayPal as a way to pay for an expensive music item, and he told me to use the PayPal "business" payment, which I have used soooo many times, mostly on eBay and other places when you don'y know the buyer.

The thing is that he sent me an email with a Payment link, and I saw it was from Yandex and it was in dollars, and i wrote him to say "ok this is weird". I went again on my phone and I hit "continue" in order to go to the last screen when you say CONFIRM, and it didn't, the payment went ok, WITHOUT my final consent, to an scam account, payed to Yandex Europe AG, which bills as a "service", and when I claim to PayPal they say the transaction WAS AUTHORISED and I can't complain!!!

I didn't hit the CONFIRM button! Anyway, this people "hide" because they sell "a service" or something like that? I can prove I don't have any bill nor any service from Yandex, this is a total Scam and PayPal does nothing? I'm afraid that this people can now take me more money or something like that, and I'm not a rookie, I swear that I use online payments a lot, PayPal from 12 or more years, and this is simply outrageous. If the 2 factor of the phone just works to "mask" this tricky scam links as legit, honestly I'm done with PayPal...

Sorry for the tone, but I don't know if I'm angrier for being scammed or for the PayPal response... 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jdmiles92
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue. I'm extremely used to online transactions and am no stranger to declining to do business with sketchy other parties. I'm guessing we may have been "purchasing" from the same seller. Have filed a dispute with Paypal and am also reporting his bait listings on the other site.

Login to Me Too

danielrm1982
Contributor
Contributor
In my case PayPal behaved PERFECTLY, as I reported I didn’t received anything. Had to wait for the normal process 10 days (they contacted the “seller” , obviously no answer) and the money was returned. Anyway, I suggested that this links should have a 2 factor validation or something like that, as it is extremely easy to make this scams. Good luck with your case!
Login to Me Too

Frabod
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. Buying a piece of musical equipment, scammer sent 'Invoice link'. Payment went to Yandex before I would normally expect to review the transaction details. Reported it as 'Item not received'. Waited 10 days and received a full refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.