Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed through Friends & Family

Options
Go to solution
FrankP1
Contributor

And to be clear, when you select F&F, there are no warnings about being scammed; they promote it as a transaction with no fees!! Who isn't going to look at that and say, well that probably makes more sense to use. 

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@FrankP1

The warnings are on 'buyer protection' that you are supposed to read before using paypal to buy goods AND when you go to send money > it clearly states buyer protection on goods / services BUT DOES NOT say that on friends / family so you can read both before you select the option that you want.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
Go to solution
brittanyparker
New Community Member

A BIG **bleep** YOU PAY PAL . thanks for nothing. I WAS SCAMMED and pay pal cant stand by my side. **bleep**ing pathetic 

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@brittanyparker 

If they were not a 'friend' or a close 'mate' then why would you use that option?

The clue is in the name FRIENDS and FAMILY.

Advice is voluntary.

Options
Go to solution
Jstftr
New Community Member
Yes me too. Exactly.

Options
Go to solution
Kayla261
New Community Member

I will be doing the same thing as I was scammed through friends and family as well.

Options
Go to solution
Drip1
If this is true I will sue

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Drip1 

Who will you sue?

If you sent a friends / family payment then you sent a GIFT of money to someone.

Advice is voluntary.

Options
Go to solution
Drip1
I also got scammed I payed thru family and friends why cant I file a dispute to fight to get my money back do i have to sue or take this to court for fruadulent claims im really mad with not being to do anything on this website I will take legal actions

Options
Go to solution
Samar007
Contributor
Same issue with me. But I have his picture, and I also confirmed the he had gf and kid. I messaged her and he is real, not fake identity. I don’t know if I should go to police or not.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.