Scammed through Friends & Family

jforbes15
New Community Member

recently scammed due to my own mistakes of not doing much research, he told me to send through friends and family. is there anything at all i could do to get my money back? 

Login to Me Too
94 REPLIES 94

Kathcovy
Contributor
Contributor
Because we sometimes don't get the option,!!!! Sometimes, it goes through BEFORE you get the chance to Look at the sections!!! Surely if a creditor has the evidence that they have been scammed, that would show you???? People make mistakes, but sometimes it's huge enough to make an impact on that person's finances????
Login to Me Too

ScammersTool
Contributor
Contributor

Jstftr
New Community Member
Yes me too. Exactly.
Login to Me Too

Kayla261
New Community Member

I will be doing the same thing as I was scammed through friends and family as well.

Login to Me Too

Drip1
Contributor
Contributor
If this is true I will sue
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Drip1 

Who will you sue?

If you sent a friends / family payment then you sent a GIFT of money to someone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Drip1
Contributor
Contributor
I also got scammed I payed thru family and friends why cant I file a dispute to fight to get my money back do i have to sue or take this to court for fruadulent claims im really mad with not being to do anything on this website I will take legal actions
Login to Me Too

Samar007
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue with me. But I have his picture, and I also confirmed the he had gf and kid. I messaged her and he is real, not fake identity. I don’t know if I should go to police or not.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Samar007 

If you sent a friends/family payment then you sent a ''gift'' of money to someone, police would not be interested as you were not buying anything, if you were you would have used the goods/services option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FrankP1
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass, you've literally been banging the drum for two years. We get it, it's "a gift" if we don't use goods and services option. The point that is very apparent is that PayPal allows scammers on it's platform. PayPal is still refusing to protect it's customers. The message is - if PayPal isn't collecting it's 3% fee, we can all go **bleep** ourselves. I have been banging the drum that there are new and more protected ways to send money and people should avoid PayPal at all costs. If PayPal doesn't care about it's customers, they need to go find a company that does. But please, keep telling us how we made the mistake...SMH

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.