Scammed on ebay - paypal protecting scammers

Mojca
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

Contacting Paypal does not work - I am only getting automated responses, to use the resolution center.

Resolution center does not work - When I try to report a problem, it says we have encountered an error and it puts me on the main page.

My issue:

Paypal has declined my refund offer that has been escelated.
I have ordered 11 pairs of motorcycle grips.
The grips did not fit as advertised (they were too big and would not stay on(deadly)).
Seller was contacted and I've explained the problem.
Seller asked to send the items back.
I've got a quote from post for the shipping costs.
Seller refused to pay shipping for sending the items back (even tho it is their mistake for sending wrong item), due to shipping being higher cost that the items.
Seller agreed to a refund.
Seller did not refund and has stoped communicating.
Issue was forwarded to Paypal.
Seller did not respond within a month.
Issue was escelated to paypal.
Paypal decided I have to return the items, even tho everything was described properly.
I will not be paying 52€ shipping for a 20€ item that the seller has no itention of refunding.
Paypal gave me no choice of explain - only to send a invoice from shipping company.

I will not be scammed more by this that I have already been. 
Since when does paypal support scammers?

I cannot contact paypal, since I am only getting automated messages in return to use resolution center (that does not work) or to call them.

I cannot call paypal as the call overseas would cost me more than the items alone.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.