Scammed on ebay. They didn't ship to my address. Yet they make it appear like they did

smykowski
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something on ebay recently and the ebay seller seems to be a scammer.There were a lot of signs they were a scammer but once I paid for my item on ebay I was doomed.

The ebay seller provided late shipping on ebay..only after I requested a refund since I never received it.

Once they provided the "tracking" information, it was  suddenly "delivered" in my zip code and "signed by 'Phan' inside". There is no place inside at my residence for someone to sign. I was also home and was taking a final during that time when it was "delivered". I called ups to verify the address and they said it was a high school with a completely different address not my address. The high school in my city and several blocks away but they made sure to send it to a place where someone would sign for the package which I'm sure is just a bunch of rocks anyway.

In conclusion ebay seller seemed sketchy, they give tracking information but for different address, I could not verify until I called UPS who delivered the package to a different address which is a high school that the seller obviously meant to do. How do I make sure paypal can tell that the tracking information isn't accurate or how can I prove that? Will they verify with UPS?  Paypal and ebay both seem to place my address by shipping information in resolution center so I'm worried it looks like it was shipped to me to the layman. I opened up the resolution center and the sellers only response is the tracking number. I said I never received anything at my address. What more do I need to do? UPS confirmed it was not my address, I shouldn't have to prove the shipping is wrong?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.