Scammed on a Facebook Ad

scttech1967
New Community Member

Greetings, I purchased a wireless, solar license plate backup camera that sends video to a smartphone. Advertisement was on Facebook. What was sent to me was a fully wired (video & power) license plate which didn't include the monitor. Cost: $47.12 USD. Since I received the wrong item, I requested a full refund including shipping paid by the seller from the Paypal Resolution Center. Just today, I was notified that there is a full refund offer from buyer. However, to send the item back to China, it will be around $50 USD. The Seller's website says "100% guarantee" and "If not satisfied within 30 days, return it for free". The only thing I am allowed to do on the ticket in the resolution center is provide the tracking number an details/comments to the seller. In my claim, I requested free return shipping but it wasn't granted. Is there anything I can do? I need to contest the return shipping. I'm not going to pay $50 to get my $47 dollars back in 2 months (if I'm lucky).

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Everson1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I've been scammed on a Insta Gram advert... as it would appear are several others https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.eileenmc.com

Have reported it to the Action Fraud National Cyber Crime Service and got a crime number... but just can't get through to PayPal. Via email or phone.

They seem to be a party to these criminals and still continue to take money on behalf of these fraudulent web sites.

I've just accepted I've been Scammed and that PayPal is complicit and could give a dam!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.