Scammed on Depop, unable to submit claim on paypal

summerbock
Contributor
Contributor

So I was scammed on paypal after buying a shirt from 10 days ago (I messaged someone else who bought from the same person and they also said they were & never received their item), and when I try to submit the claim after attaching all my screenshots and receipts etc, paypal says "Let's try that again- There's an error on our part."

I've attempted to do this five or six different times now with different reasons, I've tried making my own claim that they don't have the option for, and when depop emailed me they said there should be a "I didn't receive the item" option but there isn't. 

I emailed paypal today and they'll probably get back to me tomorrow and if they don't I'm going to call. Has anyone ever had this problem? How do I resolve it or what steps do I take in order to submit the *correct* claim?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

summerbock
Contributor
Contributor

In the first sentence I meant to say I was scammed by a seller on DEPOP not paypal. So I do have buyer protection. i didn't proofread 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @summerbock,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive an item that was purchased. Was the payment made as a Goods and Services payment, or a Friends and Family payment. If the payment was a Friends and Family payment, the option to dispute for reasons or non-receipt or not-as-described would not be available.

If you did send it as a Good and Services payment and the option is not listed there, please reach out to customer service for assistance with creating a dispute. 

To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.